Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Creative: Peace Like a River II


Dear Davy,
Dad, Reuben and I really miss you! Every time I see the saddle you give me I think of you.  I know the day you had trail was a hard day for you, but why didn’t you show any remorse? you might would have gotten out of jail.  I understood why you broke out of jail.  You had no other option.  Everyone was against you and no one was giving you a fair shot.  But once I heard you escaped, I knew you wouldn’t be caught, not my brother, no one can catch him.  Dad got really sick over Christmas.  He wasn’t doing well for a while.  I nursed him back to health while Rueben would was tearing down a corncrib to help out and gain some extra cash.  We really missed you over Christmas though, it was a great one.  We had a Christmas dinner that was too big for anyone to eat, all made by me.  You would have loved it.  I wonder if you’re hungry where you are, I hope not.  But after dad got sick he has become very thin now.  We thought of moving to New Mexico where the air is a lot dryer and would be easier for dad and Rueben to breathe but we didn’t want to leave in case you came back looking for us.  But the best thing we got for Christmas was an Airstream.  Dad had prayed for a way to find you and Mr. Lurvy got sick and wanted us to have his Airstream.  We sold things from the house and dad has been doing odd jobs to make a little extra cash for us to come look for you.  That’s right! we are coming to look for you.  Oh, but there is a man named Mr. Andreeson out looking for you, he is a federal agent, so watch out for him because he wants to take you back to jail.  So we finally decide to take off in our Airstream.  Our first stop is August and Birdie’s home.  They are such nice people but they say that Andreeson has been there already too.  But Mr. and Mrs. Schultz said that you were there at their house.  But you didn’t stay for long because you know people  are looking for you.  But I just wanted to say that I hope we find you and that I miss you very very much!

Love Always,
 your sister, Swede.

No comments:

Post a Comment